We collect Sensitive Personal Information
The Sensitive Personal Information we collect from or about you will depend on our relationship with you, the reason for its collection and the services we are providing to you.
We collect Sensitive Personal Information when you:
- Make a booking: We collect your name, email address, phone number and guest/traveler details each time you make a booking with cheapairtickets.ch. We will also collect credit card information, including card number, card type, security number, cardholder name, expiry date and issuing bank and country to pay for services purchased through cheapairtickets.ch. We may also collect frequent traveler numbers, seating preferences, passport information and other relevant information as required by the airline.
- Subscribe to receive our travel offers: We collect email addresses, mobile phone numbers, names, city of residence and communications preferences from people who elect to subscribe to our travel offers.
- Contact cheapairtickets.ch: We collect Sensitive Personal Information such as your full name, email address and/or telephone number and feedback whenever you submit an enquiry or suggestion, provide feedback or comments or request assistance with a booking.
- Make a reservation for a third party: When you make a reservation for someone else or purchase a gift certificate through this website, we will request Sensitive Personal Information about that person. You should obtain the consent of the other person prior to providing us with their Personally Identifiable information and provide that individual access to this policy. Any access to view or change the Sensitive Personal Information of your travel companion(s) will be available through your booking.
- Deal with third parties: We may also from time to time obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, related companies, business partners and other independent third party sources.
We and our trusted third party service providers may, from time to time, use “cookies” to store your preferences, record session information and collect non-personally identifiable information on how you visit and access our web pages and newsletters. This information allows us to continually improve our services to provide you with a better overall experience.
How we use your information
We use your Personally Identifiable Information only for the primary purpose of providing our services and communicating with you in relation to bookings and travel offers. By providing your Personally Identifiable Information to us, or otherwise allowing your Sensitive Personal Information to be collected, you consent to us using this Sensitive Personal Information for the primary purpose for which it was collected and for the following related purposes:
- Purchase cheapairtickets.ch services: Information collected when you purchase from us is used to charge your credit card and deliver your booking confirmation electronically. We may contact you about your booking with your related with related offers from us or our partners which we think may be of interest to you. We may also contact you about your stay for customer service and feedback purposes, or to make any changes or cancellations to your booking.
- Retain your details for future bookings: We may retain your Sensitive Personal Information on our files so that when you shop with us again you don’t need to re-enter your details. This makes the booking process quicker and simpler for you.
- Travel offers: We will use your Personally Identifiable Information to conduct marketing activities which may include sending you travel offers by email or SMS. We will only send our travel offers to you if you have consented to receiving them. Our newsletters may contain paid advertising material.
- Advertising: From time to time anonymous usage statistics are used by our third party advertising providers including to serve more relevant advertisements. Your Personally Identifiable Information is never shared with these parties.
- Offers tailored to your interests: Based on information you share with us, offers tailored to your interests may be shown to you on our website, in mobile apps or on third party websites, including social media platforms.
- Respond to your questions or suggestions: We will use your email address and/or telephone number to contact you when you submit a question or suggestion.
- General communications: We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to communicate with you in general.
- Market research: We may ask you to participate in market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer to you.
- Illegal activity: We may use Personally Identifiable Information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal activities.
- Improving and promoting our services: We use Personally Identifiable Information and non- Personally Identifiable Information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to promote our offers to other customers, to enhance the user experience and to improve the functionality and quality of your customer experience.
Who we share your information with
We do not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information except in the following circumstances:
- Travel providers: We provide the guest/passenger name, telephone number and email address for each booking made to the relevant airline or its representatives to fulfil your booking. We may also provide to the airline other relevant information collected from you. These parties require this information for the booking and may use it if they need to contact you about the booking. Although we offer flights from reputable suppliers, please always review their privacy policies prior to booking your flight.
- Third party service providers: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties we appoint to perform services on our behalf. For example, we use a technology platform provider to facilitate marketing campaigns controlled and managed by us. Our service providers are not permitted to use or share your Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are appointed.
- Legal obligations: We may be required by law to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information or to service providers where we are investigating a serious complaint or potential illegal acts.
- Related companies: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with our parent company and related companies. This sharing enables us to provide you with information about travel related products which may be of interest to you. They will comply with all applicable laws in their handling of your PII and will include an unsubscribe facility in any electronic messages sent to you.
- Partner websites: If you were referred to this website from another website we may share some information about you with that referring website.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when Personally Identifiable Information about you will be shared with third parties.
Disclosure of your information overseas
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to, stored and processed overseas where those third parties with whom we share it, as described in this policy, are located. Due to the nature of the travel services offered to you many of the service providers that we deal with are located overseas. As a consequence it is not practicable to list the location of every service provider with whom we deal.
The recipient of your Personally Identifiable Information may be located in a country that might not provide an equivalent level of data protection. While we do take steps to help ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is protected we cannot be responsible for how these recipients handle your Personally Identifiable Information. By providing your Personally Identifiable Information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information to these parties. If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information overseas please contact us using the details provided below.
How you control and access your information
Subject to any exceptions provided by law, you are able to access any Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you. If we refuse your access request we will provide you with our reasons for doing so. Here’s how you can control and have access to your information:
- Travel offers: If at any time you would like to either change your email address with us, update your preferences or unsubscribe from our travel deal offers you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or contact us using the details set out below.
- Booking information: If at any time you would like to alter the Personally Identifiable Information you provided us in your booking, please contact us using the details set out below.
- General: Where any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date or relevant you may contact us to correct that Personally Identifiable Information and we will respond to you in a reasonable time period.
How we protect your information
To ensure the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information, we use leading security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated. We will never ask you to send us credit card information by email and we never store any “cvv” credit card security numbers.
Our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send PII to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
If you are concerned about how we handle your Personally Identifiable Information please contact is using the details below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time period.
If you have any questions regarding how we handle your PII please send your questions by email email@example.com or send via post to: Cheapairtickets, Post Box 849, 3000 Bern 9. Switzerland